Friday, July 29, 2011

land of talk

Recently, I have become obessed with a canadian band, locals from Quebec. They go by the name of Land of Talk. I highly suggest if anyone loves depressing and heartbreaking music as much as me, that they listen to this band. I was talking with a co-worker about how all we listen to is for a lack of a more creative word, Sad music. It is true, and I can't exactly pinpoint the reason why I listen to this type of music. Don't get me wrong, I love happy, up beat and hip happening songs. For example, one of my favourite songs is Daylight by Matt and Kim. This song is probably the best song for a young hipster to strut your stuff to, as myself. I remember countless times, walking to class in Italy with this song playing. Quite a few times , I had to wipe the smile off my face. On another note, I honestly believe that the song It's Okay , but Land of Talk is the most beautiful heartbreaking song I have ever heard. Somehow when I listen to this song, I realize that it's going to be okay. After, just going through what seems like my biggest heartbreak yet, this song has brought alot of comfort to me. It doesn't rip at the asshole's heart who used you or stole that precious heart of yours. It doesn't talk about how you could do so much better, or waste your time with another asshole. It is basically just saying that , It's okay, we all feel this sometimes. so comforting to know this. Knowing that everyone feels this way. In a way, I feel like it is a letter to her past lover. She's telling him that it's alright that he broke her heart. Don't feel bad about it, it's happened before. If he ever read this, I'd like to say the same thing. Just so you know I'm going to be okay.
I am so thankful , to musicians that write soundtracks to my life. I have decided to start a soundtrack to my life. I want to look back when I am 85 years old and be able to look at pictures and listen to music. Be able to say, I have lived a pretty fucking awesome life.
so thank you land of talk, you have made the list. Many more to come.

Much love from the hipster
rhi

No comments:

Post a Comment